Sunday, November 23, 2008

In that spot again...



Here I find myself behind on my postings again. So it's time for catch up. I know the last month has been busy with the move, unpacking, getting everyone settled, doing my school work and starting a new job. But this has been on my mind constantly and it's time!! I really do not just leave you guys stranded!

The move went pretty smoothly all in all. Though all of our stuff did not fit in the truck! We crammed what we could into the moving truck and our car and headed out. It was a long 2 days.

When we arrived several of our neighbors popped over and helped us unload our truck! And they check on us regularly to make sure all is well. I only unpacked what is 'necessary' and there is quite a bit stored in the basement. And Todd's bringing more this Tuesday. He went back to MN 3 weeks ago to help with some stuff at work and of course, to pack the rest of what didn't come the first time. We are missing him terribly and the next 2 days couldn't go quick enough!

The kids are settling in slowly. They like Star Valley, but of course, because we are not LDS, some interactions have been a little slow. Having grown up in this part of the country, I talked to the kids about this before the move. I don't think they really anticipated the severity of it at times. Unlike Marshall, where Catholics are the majority, we are now a huge minority. And unfortunately, there are some who treat non-members of the Mormon community quite differently than they would their own. Not very Christian in my opinion, but it is what it is, and it's their beliefs so I respect that. Now we have met several Mormon families that have been very welcoming and warm. So I don't want it to sound all gloom and doom! Our neighbors the Johnsons have been a God-send for sure!

Rebecca had her first WY sleep-over the other night at her friend Allison's around the corner. She had a great time! All the kids, even Michaela, want to join 4-H. So I gotta check into that. The kids all got rave reviews at Parent-Teacher conferences.

So let's get on to some other posts and get caught up..

1 comment:

rachel said...

I know how you feel about the LDS thing. I thought I was going to be inudated with people trying to convert me and it has been the total opposite! While I love the family values of living in an LDS community, I am not too thrilled with feeling like an outsider...hang in there and thank GOD for facebook :)