Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I gotta job! I gotta job! No, really.. a REAL job!



A couple weeks ago I got a note on Facebook from a former classmate about a FT job opportunity in North Minneapolis. I had already been working PT in the Cities over summer, and have been looking for FT work for 2+ years. So I applied, went for an interview.. AND .... was offered the job on the spot!!! And yes, I accepted on the spot!

I was SO excited when I walked out that day that it took all my energy to walk in a composed manner to my car. THANK YOU, Megan!!

My new Dr. and his staff are fantastic! It's a new practice, so many of us are new to the staff and we seem to all be a good fit with one another. Which is a hard thing to find in this field. Mostly, it's great to work for a nice doctor who's very cool and laid back. There is a learning curve here with new software and being completely paperless, but am sure it'll all fall into place over the next couple weeks. Every day gets a bit better.

The hard part is that I live in the Cities during the week and am home only on weekends. I got the job just 2 weeks before the start of school so it was too soon to move the kids. These next 9 months will be trying. Now that school has started, that will help the Smalls keep occupied. I feel bad...not being there...the things I am going to miss out on.. but will all be for the best in the long run. Parenting from 150 miles away is not easy and leaves Todd with the brunt of the mess unfortunately. I worry for them all, but know they'll work it out together! TEAM WORK! My thanks to them for their understanding!

I want to especially thank my kids, friends (Kim, Jer & Matt K) and fellow hygiene associates for your uncurbed enthusiasm at my news. It really means a lot.. A LOT! Thanks to those who should have been excited, but weren't. It's good to know where we lie in this grand, short-lived scheme.

No comments: